What is Dog Day of Summer?
Dog Day of Summer is Manayunk's dog-centric celebration! All day long, we celebrate our four-legged friends with a day full of pet-friendly vendors, activities, pet adoptions, and more.
Don't have a dog? Don't fret! This is a family-friendly event for four and two-legged guests!
When is Dog Day of Summer?
Saturday, August 19 | 11AM-4PM
Where will the event take place?
All Along Main Street Manayunk
Will there be any street closures?
What kind of activities will be going on?
- Puppy Park & Agility Course - In the Richards Apex lot (between Pensdale & Rector Streets), pets can test their strength as they weave and wobble their way through hurdles, obstacles, and our favorite…the doggie seesaw.
- Doggie Caricatures - Always wanted to hang a caricature of you and your dog? Well, now you can! Dan's Toonz will be set up on the street drawing FREE caricatures for Dog Day.
- Pawesome Photo Booth - Stop by the pawesome photo booth in Canal View Park for the perfect photo-op! Dogs and dog parents can try on different props, smile, and take home a piece of Dog Day of Summer.
- Adoption event with New Leash on Life USA on Main Street.
- Pet Friendly Dog Bakery mural reveal, giveaways, free training seminar, & more!
- City of Paws pool party, sales, and collaboration with Brixxy & Co.
- Yappy Hour - Manayunk restaurants & bars will hosting specials! Participating locations include The Goat's Beard, Bark Social, and more.
What vendors can I expect?
You can expect to see rescues, vet organizations, pet boutiques, specialty treat vendors, and so much more! Check out the Dog Day of Summer page for a full list of vendors.
How many dogs will be in attendance?
Soooo many dogs! It's going to be a tail-wagging day that you and your furry friend won't want to miss.
Visit the Manayunk Development Corporation Contact page for full contact information.
Office: 4312 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127