By: Tatiana Codnor-Perry
It's time to spread the holiday cheer throughout Manayunk! Bring your friends and loved ones to Main Street for some amazing deals and festive fun!
What is "Holidays in Manayunk"?
This is your chance to shop, dine, and be merry in Manayunk, for the holiday season! Shop small and shop local at over 50 small businesses to find something for everyone on your list. While you're in town shopping, get in the holiday spirit by joining us at one of our manyholiday events. We've got activities and deals for all ages, so bring the out the whole family for some festive fun!
How long does it last?
Events will be taking place from Saturday, November 25th to Sunday, December 31st.
What events can I attend in during Holidays in Manayunk?
- Small Business Saturday/Tree Lighting Ceremony (11/25): Shop at over 50 small businesses along Main Street to kick off your holiday season, then make your way over to Canal View Park at 5:30 for the official Manayunk tree lighting ceremony featuring the Delaware Valley Opera, a performance by Merge Dance Studio, 54thand City A Cappella and a big, jolly special guest!
- Holiday Stroll/Merry, Merry Happy Hour (11/30-12/21): Every Thursday night from 6pm-9pm, stop in to participating Manayunk retailers for themed nights, including: Sweets & Spirits, Secret Santa, Men's Shopping Night, and Dashing Through the Stores. Then make your way over to our local restaurants and bars for Holiday Happy Hours that are sure to make you merry!
- Promenade of Trees/Santa Paws (12/2): From 5pm-7pm, come out and vote for your favorite "Stories of the Season" themed Christmas Tree lined up along Main Street! You can also join Latitudes and Longitudesfrom 11am-6pm for the 6th annual Santa Paws in Manayunk! Bring your furry friend to take a photo with Santa at Canal View Park. When you bringa pet-friendly donation gives you an automatic entry into the raffle!
- Rudolph Run (12/9): Participate in a 3 mile fun run with Philadelphia RunnerDecember 9 beginning at 9am for special promotions from Manayunk businesses. Bring canned goods as your entry fee and don't forget your holiday attire! All particpants of the Rudolph Run are eligible for great deals and promos at Manayunk Businesses on the day of the race.
- Style Me Manayunk (12/10): Join us for the first ever "Style Me Manayunk" pop-up event from 10am-6pm. A partnership with LILA Fashion International, we will celebrate all things fashion including clothes, accessories, food, live music, and more!
- Manayunk Meals + More/Charity Night/Hanukah Celebration(12/17): Manayunk restaurants come together to package holiday meals for the elderly in our community.
Who is participating?
Find the full list of participating stores for each event on our website.
How do I get to Manayunk?
There are many ways to get here, but it's up to you to decide which works best.
Coming To Manayunk By Car:
Take I-95 North. Follow signs for Central Philadelphia/I- 676 West. Follow 676 West to signs for Route 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) West - (towards Valley Forge). Take 76 to Belmont Ave/Green Lane Exit 338 (old exit 31), at the bottom of the ramp make a right turn cross the Green Lane bridge to the traffic light which is Main Street and make a right turn. Welcome to Manayunk - first parking lot will appear on your right just past the fire house.
(Reading, Lancaster, Harrisburg)
Take the PA Turnpike East to Exit 326 (old exit 24; Schuylkill Expressway). Take Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) East towards Central Philadelphia. Take 76 to Belmont Ave/Green Lane Exit 338 (old exit 31), at the bottom of the ramp make a left turn, cross the Green Lane bridge to the traffic light which is Main Street and make a right turn. Welcome to Manayunk - first parking lot will appear on your right just past the fire house.
(New York, North Jersey)
Take NJ Turnpike to PA Turnpike/Exit 6. Take the PA Turnpike to Exit 326 (old exit 24; Schuylkill Expressway). Take Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) East towards Central Philadelphia. Take 76 to Belmont Ave/Green Lane Exit 338 (old exit 31), at the bottom of the ramp make a left turn, cross the Green Lane bridge to the traffic light which is Main Street and make a right turn. Welcome to Manayunk - first parking lot will appear on your right just past the fire house.
** Address to plug in for a GPS: 4312 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127
As a thank you for shopping small in Manayunk, parking is free on Small Business Saturday at participating lots and all meters (starting at 11AM) in Manayunk! See the image below for participating parking lots:
Coming To Manayunk By Bike:
Stay active and remain eco-friendly by biking to Manayunk! Take Kelly Drive from Center City or the Schuylkill River Trail from all parts of the Philadelphia region. Visit the Bike Coalition of Greater Philadelphia for more details and biking maps.
Coming To Manayunk By Public Transportation:
For schedules and fare rates, contact SEPTA at (215) 580-7800 or on the web at www.septa.org for more information.
Come on out and be merry! Celebrate the holiday season in Manayunk, we hope to see you soon!
Visit the Manayunk Development Corporation Contact page for full contact information.
Office: 4312 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127