Destination Schuylkill River
Bike. Paddle. Discover. Explore.
Destination Schuylkill River (DSR) is a project of The Manayunk Development Corporation, funded by the William Penn Foundation. Destination Schuylkill River celebrates life along the Schuylkill River and seeks to connect our communities to the river through planning, programming, and projects. From trails and connections to public facilities, to sustainable environmental efforts, people are realizing the river matters. Partnerships are forming, volunteer groups are organizing, and the river is being transformed.
What is there to do? How can you get involved? What is planned for this vibrant piece of history, culture, and recreation?
What's Happening in the Neighborhood?
We are revamping our listing and promotion of local recreational and environmental events! Visit the Manayunk.com calendar for more details on what is happening this month.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 17, 2014
- Never Give Up Training - Indoor/Outdoor Bootcamp, multiple dates and times/week
MONDAY, NOV 17
- Academy of Natural Sciences - Tapping Our Watershed
- Lower Merion Township - Cynwyd Spur (Trail) Public Meeting
- Philadelphia Canoe Club - General Meeting
TUESDAY, NOV 18
- Human Zoom - Manayunk Mountain Bike Ride
WEDNESDAY, NOV 19
- Lower Merion Conservancy - Lenape Country: Lecture and Book Signing
- Phoenixville Green Team - Falling Waters of the Schuylkill Lecture
THURSDAY, NOV 20
- Friends of the Wissahickon - Thursday Tots
- Wissahickon Wanderers - Thursday Trail Run
SATURDAY, NOV 22
- Cadence Cycling - Endurance Plus Group Ride
- Fairmount Water Works - Hills of the Wissahickon Watershed
- Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education - Saturdays@SCEE
- Wissahickon Wanderers - Saturday Trail Run
SUNDAY, NOV 23
- Cadence Cycling - Mountain Bike Rides
- Friends of the Wissahickon - Meanderings in the Park with Shelly Brick
- Friends of the Wissahickon - Trails Less Traveled II
If you're looking for a specific type of event, let our signature icons guide you: